Life's A Dance

Friday, February 04, 2011 Edit This 1 Comment »
So, as most of you know, I've been getting to experience life as a single mom yet again. It does NOT get any easier being away from Greg, but we are making it just fine over here. There have been challenging times, yes, but overall I think I've got a pretty good handle on things. If only I had one extra arm at meal times and bed time... Anyway, in a particularly challenging moment, a song I remember from growing up just popped into my head. I do not know the other lyrics, and I do not know who sings it (okay, okay I googled it before writing this because I just had to know who wrote it....It's John Michael Montgomery...and you should listen to it :) but the chorus is what I've been singing to myself over and over the past few days.
Life's a dance, you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance, you learn as you go
Well, I've been dancing my whole life (literally, they put me in classes when I was 3 because I was always dancing and flipping around the house), and I'm always up for learning new choreography. In fact, I'm in the middle of one of my "dances" with Ginny-Elizabeth right now. I get her to sleep, lay her down, and she wakes up, I get her to sleep, lay her down, and she wakes up. We do this over and over until we're both exhausted, but hey, I just love dancing :) 5,6,7, 8....
This morning I had to take out the trash because it was about to take over our living room. After bundling up I opened the door to find the stairs completely iced over! So, with both arms precariously loaded with refuse, I "danced" gracefully and sloooowly down these beauties. Life's a dance...

Haven't you always wondered what you would be like if you were the opposite gender? Well, I KNOW what I'd be like....I'd be just like Liam. This kid is so much like me it is, well, frustrating to be quite honest! Because I haven't had a chance to wash my hair lately I've just been pushing it back in this headband. Liam has noticed and insisted on wearing one too. Sometimes we are a little TOO alike! Life's a dance...


Oh but there are wonderfully blissful moments when you are dancing through life. When I lay Liam down for nap or bedtime he always asks if Ginny can join him. When she is awake and in a decent mood I always snuggle her in by him for a few minutes. I just love watching Liam be so sweet and caring with her, and I just love that it is all his own idea. Life's a dance...


Another thing Liam loves to do with/to/for her is "help" her swing in her swing. I looked over yesterday and he was just watching her swing and talking to her about it. So cute! Life's a swing dance!


Within the past year my dear husband thought it would be a good idea to teach Liam that licking things (especially me) is hilarious. Bad idea, Greg...really. Lately I've been battling with Liam to stop this odd little (okay, its just plain weird) habit. I have watched him lick the tv from one end of the screen to the other and told him repeatedly that he can NOT lick Ginny. He only licks things he likes, so it was no surprise when I walked over to him while he was watching the clothes washer and he asked if he could lick it.


Oh , and I just had to get a picture of him kissing the clothes washer. He loves watching it, and I guess sometimes he just feels the need to show it how much he loves it. Life's always a dance with Liam...


There is my sweet Ginny girl snuggled up in Liam's John Deere tractor/combine (yep, I found material with a combine on it) blanket. I never thought I'd have John Deere things all over my house, and especially never thought I'd have my baby girl wrapped in John Deere green BUT...
Life's a dance, you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead , sometimes you follow!

1 comments:

DonnaB said...

Oh my baby girl, life is a dance when you make it one. You have some wonderful partners to dance with too. I know some days you feel that you are jitterbugging all day long. I can also see that you know those days that slow down to a waltz. Just keep dancing dancing girl and enjoy your partners. Each dance makes you strong and helps you to appreciate the waltzes.

Powered By Blogger

Background