BIKEY!!!
Sunday, January 03, 2010 Edit This 3 Comments »Holding his head up in the hospital, walking and talking at 11 months, and now at 19 months, he's riding a bicycle! Well, its not a real bike.... but its a cool wannabe! This is a Strider running bike, and it was a Christmas present from his godmother and her husband (Unka Jaaa as Liam says). He LOVES it. I thought the helmet might be an issue, but it seems he'll do anything to be able to ride his "Bikey." They were originally going to give it to him for his 2nd birthday, but I figured he'd at least try very very hard to ride it now. He's such a physical and determined little guy that it didn't take him long at all to get the hang of it (seriously, like 3 minutes). This bike is like a scooter in that you use your feet to power it (no pedals), but it is like a bike in every other way. It will help him learn balance and learn to ride a bike faster and without ever needing training wheels. Here is a video of Liam showing off his skills on the bike.

3 comments:
I love those bikes! And Liam's such a pro already!
I love how Greg went to help him, but he figured it out on his own, so talented!
He is doing so great! Go Liam!
AHHH I'm sooo glad!!! He's sooo good at it already!
Post a Comment