Let's Go Astros!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »About a week ago we took Liam to his first baseball game! Aaand because we are absolutely rolling in money we decided it should be a professional game. Just kidding, it was Marriott associate appreciation night or something like that so Greg got free tickets! We were not sure how Liam would do, especially since the game started at 7:05 and his bed time is 7:45, but we decided it would be worth a try. Funny enough, baseball is about the only major sport that I'm not very familiar with so I wasn't sure if I'd be bored to death or not by it either. I remembered that Liam had an Astros shirt somewhere in his pile of stuff he hasn't grown into yet so I dug that out, made sure the player hadn't left the team in disgrace (I didn't want to do something akin to wearing an "I love Saban" shirt to an LSU game ya know), and I put him in it. He looked so darn cute in his little Biggio t-shirt.
Now, lucky for us, the Astros have this very train-loving-toddler friendly tradition that they do at their field at Minute Maid Park. At the beginning of each game and every time an Astro hits a home run this huge train at the top of the stadium blows it's whistle and chugs across a track. Liam was digging this. Unfortunately they only hit one home run that night; however, Liam "choo choooo-ed" his little heart out and seemed to like staring at the train hopefully. Another highlight was the nachos! Were they over-priced? Yep. Did they taste cheaptastic and like they came out of a giant can? Yes sir. Did Liam, Greg, and I devour them like filet mignon and use our fingers to dip out the last of the cheese because the chip-to-cheese ratio was waaay off? You better believe it.
Around 9:00pm , and just into the 7th inning, Liam turns his handsome little brown eyes to Greg and I and says, "I want to go home." So....we went home! He had asked a few times before and then had become easily distracted by other things, but this team he just looked pitiful. Anyway, like I said, we had a blast, and decided that we would definitely try taking him to more sporting events. Perhaps it is not long until his cute little butt will grace the pillars of Tiger Stadium!
***We could never get him to say "Go Astros!" because he would only say "No. Go Tigers!" , BUT he did cheer for them by saying "Let's go Astros!"
Now swing on over to www.youtube.com/user/ChateauMabile to watch the TWO new videos of him. One is him dancing between batters , and the other is him stealing "tic-tocs" and cheering.
Now swing on over to www.youtube.com/user/ChateauMabile to watch the TWO new videos of him. One is him dancing between batters , and the other is him stealing "tic-tocs" and cheering.

0 comments:
Post a Comment