When Greg's mom was here a month ago, she helped me get Liam started on potty training. I had been trying off and on since about August, but was never too committed before. We decided to go with the no diapers tactic. Anyway, here we are, about 5 weeks later and Liam has only had 2 accidents! He is really doing a great job. Now, I'm not sure at what point you are allowed to call them officially potty trained but I'm calling it....trained! We still have to force him to stop playing and go sit on the potty 75% of the time, but there is the all important 25% where he informs us that he needs to go. Let me just say that it does feel wonderful to have only one child in diapers now!

If you have talked to Liam recently then you have probably heard him mention that he gets to put a star on the chart. If he goes all day with no accidents I let him put a star sticker on a little no accidents chart I made for him. After two weeks of no accidents, he was allowed to choose a new toy. True to Liam form, he went with the unexpected. A week before, we had gone to dinner at our neighbor's apartment and he and their little girl had had a BLAST with what he called a "hoppin ball thing." It is a toy for babies really, lol. The balls go down this ramp and then a fan shoots them up and out and you have to put them back in. He talked about that thing NON STOP and was positive that that was what he wanted as his potty present. True to Liam form as well, he spends half of his time chasing down the balls and playing with it and half of his time turning it over and staring at it to try to figure out how it works. He has already figured out that "the little baditioner" (a baditioner is an outdoor a/c unit..remember :) is what makes the air that pops the balls out. Way to go big boy Liam! I'm so proud!
2 comments:
haha that's so nice of him to a pick a toy Ginny-E can play with too soon. lol. I'm sure that's what he was thinking. Such a sweet, thoughtful boy. :D
Ha ha, yep! That's exactly why we agreed to shell out $18 for a potty present.
Post a Comment