A Happy Easter
Sunday, May 01, 2011 Edit This 1 Comment »We had a wonderful Easter! Mom was here to visit (you'll see pictures in a later blog) and Greg was off of work.We kept it pretty low key, and had a wonderful day.
A quick story: A few weeks before Easter, I was telling Liam all about the fun parts of Easter (ya know, the bunny, the candy, the eggs). Well, I figured I should at least make an attempt to tell him about WHY we celebrate Easter since he kinda seemed to grasp Christmas. So I reminded him that Christmas was to celebrate Jesus' birthday and then said that Easter was to celebrate Jesus waking up. Now I know you are never supposed to compare sleeping with death for little children, but I could tell that everything I was telling him was just flying over his head. He just stared at me with a look only Liam could give. Well, actually, I'm told that I gave those same looks, or glares, when I was a sweet and gentile toddler (cue my family laughing hysterically.) So, feeling proud of myself for at least trying to explain Easter to him, I finished my story and said that the reason why we celebrate and that the Easter bunny comes is because we are all so very happy that Jesus woke up. Liam just stared at me, shook his head and said, "I'm not a Jesus. I'm Liam." Do I at least get an "A" for effort? Oh and Mom brought him a book that told the Easter story and he gave her the same glares the whole time she read it Easter morning. At the end of the book he said, "I don't like these guys..... I don't like Jesus." We agreed that Jesus was having a good laugh and thinking, "that's Liam for ya!" By the end of the day he was requesting that each of us read him the book ...but he called it the "Mary book." Sorry Jesus, he is truly a Mama's Boy!



1 comments:
I am so happy that I got to share Easter with ya'll. I agree that the Lord got a good laugh from His Liam. I think I read the story every day I was there though. Liam always had a strange look on his face. I want to think he could "feel" the story. I love all of you! I can't wait to come back this summer.
Post a Comment