Wrigley Field
Saturday, June 15, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
Every time Mom comes to visit there is always one thing that she decides we definitely have to do. Last time it was the Field Museum, this time it was seeing a Cubs game at Wrigley Field! I was pretty excited too because...well...it's an American icon dang it! Now I'm not a big baseball fan (a little dull for my taste), but I do enjoy being at an actual game. Mom knows everything about baseball so I knew I wouldn't be lost either, hahaha.
C'mon, who doesn't want to go to Wrigley?! It is the second place I've ever seen a sporting event (behind Tiger Stadium of course). Ivy covered walls, everything looking super iconic and old, rooftop seating, and a spectacular view of the city and Lake Michigan. The atmosphere was really laid back which was great. Cubs fans are used to losing and are, thus, good fans...loyal.
I love this picture! Such a great snapshot of this chapter of our lives.
Walking up to the nose bleed section. Hey, there's no bad view at Wrigley! *I do have one negative thing to say. Their seat numbering system is seriously crazy and confusing!*
Ms.Ginny was not loving the close proximity to all those strangers.
But after the 3rd inning things got seriously awesome for her and Liam. I got them a gigantic Sierra Mist, a soft pretzel, and a bag of peanuts to share. (I decided I'd only spring for the cotton candy if it was an emergency.) They were so excited. Liam ripped himself of a good 1/4 of the big pretzel, took one bite, and then dropped the rest onto the grossness below the seats ahead of us. I urged him to be more careful as we only had the one pretzel and he had just basically thrown 2 bucks on the ground. Haha, I think he was just bummed I wouldn't let him pick it up and eat it. The peanuts were the real hit, though. I really don't think my kids knew they came in a shell. Bad mama.
A beautiful day.
The joys of peanuts.
Sitting with Nana was his favorite.
She ate so many of those things.
Had to kick Liam out of the best seat in the house for a bit.
You thought Ginny spent the whole time shy and scared? Oh noooo way. She had a blast! After her snack we walked all the way across the stadium to use the potty. She thought she was hot stuff, and even got a Cubs sticker from someone.
The cutest was when she started yelling "GO CUBBIES!"
It was such a great way to spend an afternoon in Chicago! We all can't wait to go back.
...and the poor ole Cubbies even got em a home run! (though they still lost)














0 comments:
Post a Comment