Oreo!
Thursday, August 27, 2009 Edit This 1 Comment »Yesterday, Greg had the afternoon and evening off so he joined Liam and I on a short grocery trip to Wal-Mart. Greg and I have always had an unspoken understanding when we go shopping together that if you ask the other person if you can have something , you are really just asking them to tell you no because you don't need it for financial reasons or it will make you fat reasons. If you really want something, you just grab it and put it in the cart. So yesterday when Greg said , "oooh, double stuff Oreos! Let's get some!" I said "No, I'm trying to be good" and we continued on our way. A few seconds later, Greg said, "If I can get Liam to say Oreo before we get to the checkout, can we get them?" Even though it is true that Liam is a parrot and copies so many words nowadays , I know that he refuses to perform on demand most of the time so I agreed to Greg's terms. So, for the rest of the shopping trip, Greg was leaning down whispering to Liam in the cart. Sure enough, by the time we got to the meat section Greg said, "Sarah, LISTEN! Say Oreo." On command, Liam said "Or-weo!"
Here they are enjoying the fruits of their labors:

1 comments:
I love you boys and the way you write about them!!!! :)
Post a Comment