The Christmas Picture from HELL.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 Edit This 0 Comments »
This year I was determined, no, hell-bent on getting a Christmas card out. Last year I was dealing with a cranky, teething baby and it just didn't happen but this year would be different. So I caught Greg on pretty much his only few hours off this past week and asked him, "Are you ready to do this?" We put on our navy blue shirts (because we all had one in that color) and... it all went downhill from there.
My camera is dying. It acts crazy when you use it and that day was no different. I would set the timer and we'd prepare for the picture and then it would change settings. Liam was DONE after about 3 minutes. I had to get up and reset the timer each time , but I insisted that it would be funny (yes, funny ha-ha) if I wore lights and they each wore a hat or a gift bow. Well, the lights had to be re- put on each time because they were plugged into the wall, Greg's head was too big for that hat, and Liam wanted to grab the bow off his head and throw it.
Okay, looooong story short: we got one usable picture out of it. At the end of thirty minutes of trying to take a picture, Greg and I were both sweating and angry at each other. I was crying, Liam was crying, and all we have to show for it is this.
So here is the Christmas card picture you will NOT be getting this year. Greg looks like a weird Russian man who couldn't afford a decent shirt for a picture. I look like a sweating, drool covered, drunk party girl (lights? really?). Liam looks like a girl.
My camera is dying. It acts crazy when you use it and that day was no different. I would set the timer and we'd prepare for the picture and then it would change settings. Liam was DONE after about 3 minutes. I had to get up and reset the timer each time , but I insisted that it would be funny (yes, funny ha-ha) if I wore lights and they each wore a hat or a gift bow. Well, the lights had to be re- put on each time because they were plugged into the wall, Greg's head was too big for that hat, and Liam wanted to grab the bow off his head and throw it.
Okay, looooong story short: we got one usable picture out of it. At the end of thirty minutes of trying to take a picture, Greg and I were both sweating and angry at each other. I was crying, Liam was crying, and all we have to show for it is this.
Bah Humbug!

0 comments:
Post a Comment