Mesa Verde

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »
On Monday we decided to go ahead and go to Mesa Verde National Park. I had been before when I was younger, but Greg hadn't. Greg has been all over the world, but hasn't seen too much of the US. I have seen a decent amount of the US (especially the west), but have barely been outside of this country. What a pair we make :)
This is Spruce Tree House. It is one of the cliff dwellings built by the Anazasi a loooooong time ago. I loved being there, but I have to say that it is just SO hard for me to imagine living like that! Let me tell you, their children had to be obedient and good listeners or else fall off the side of a cliff.

It was quite a steep walk down to the dwelling (which , unfortunately, meant a steep climb back up)!


Family picture! I wonder what our ancient Puebloan counterparts would've looked like in a family portrait... I think they would at least be a little more tanned!


There was a kiva (medium sized hole in the ground built for gatherings) that we were allowed to climb in to. I was down there with some German soccer fans (I didn't tell them I was for Spain)! I managed to snap a picture of a surprised Greg as he came out.



Someone else HAD to go down the ladder and see for himself...



I love this picture of Liam because I was always telling him, "let me see your face!"



And finally, here is cowboy Liam. Funny story: So a while back we were watching a video where it showed a farm. There were cows and he came over to me and said "eat cow." I said yes, you eat cow meat, that is called beef. A few weeks later I got my cowboy hat down to bring on the trip and he looked at it and said "cow meat." Now all cowboy hats and the cowboys who wear them are "cow meats" as far as Liam is concerned. We saw a lot of "cow meats" on our trip :)






0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background