Before I was banned from leaving the state of Texas by my doctor and husband, Liam and I made one last trip to Fields. Mom and I really wanted to take him to the Starks Christmas parade and the Christmas train in DeQuincy and it was all the same weekend so ...yay! We had a blast while we were there and Liam learned that Santa Claus is a pretty cool guy.

Liam at the parade. Cute little boys get TONS of candy thrown at them. Notice that he is eating some of the candy. Notice, also, that his face is dirty. I looked down at him halfway through the parade and saw that he was eating candy. I hadn't opened any for him and after asking my family none of them had either. Then, to my horror, I saw that he was scraping a smooshed and melting piece (it was seriously like 85 outside that day) off of the pavement and shoving as much as he could into his mouth. GROSS!! Ahhh, anyway, when asked what he thought of the parade Liam's only comment was : "Santa Claus throwed my candy on the ground." HA HA HA!

The Christmas train! Liam had sooo much fun.

In one of the "boat cars" of the Christmas train. There were trains and toys moving around everywhere. Liam was in heaven.

Meeting the big guy. Mom and I got the biggest kick out of seeing him with Santa because he was in absolute AWE of him. He had told us that he was going to tell Santa he wanted a tractor and a combine, but when it was finally his turn he just had this adorable smile on his face and nodded yes to everything Santa said. He was not wanting to get off of Santa's lap, but I guess he knew a good thing just couldn't last forever. Now when Greg and I took him to see the mall Santa, it was a different story. He was plopped on Santa's lap and promptly answered the "big" question with a confident: "I want a tractor and a combine." He then looked at the decorative boxes around Santa and decided that one of them must contain said farm equipment. Liam had to settle for a coloring book. :)

We helped to decorate Nana's Christmas tree! He wasn't into the icicles at first, but then had to give them a try.

Liam and a very pregnant me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment