Thanksgiving Week

Sunday, December 12, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »
Here is a glimpse at what we did with Greg's entire week off of work around Thanksgiving:
*Please note that the pictures are out of order because I can never remember how exactly Blogger sorts their pictures!! I'm just gonna go with the , "hey, it's better than nothing" philosophy on this one.*
We ate. ALOT. My doctor told me the week before we left that I needed to gain some more weight so I should eat more. I told her I could handle that assignment...let's just say I got an A+. This was at the 1st annual Paula Deen Party that my mom's side of the family decided to do. We had a blast and the food was greeeeat! There was a sauce contest to see who could make the best sauce to go with Aunt Carla's chicken strips and well....Greg and I tied! Greg made a copycat Cane's sauce and I made a spicy mustard one. We were declared the King and Queen, lol....I guess Liam is the prince.

Liam played with his cousins. He loves his boy 1st cousins, but Greg and I loved watching him be bossed around by all of the older little girl ones. They were so sweet to him and he just acted honored to be in their presence, lol. Also, he now talks about Squinkies all of the time. Sorry buddy, Santa says those are choking hazards for baby sis!


Liam started running a fever Thanksgiving morning :( He was pitiful. He doesn't get sick very often at all (knock on wood) so we hated watching him feel bad. We think it was from the 25+ ant bites he had gotten on his leg the day before.


We had beignets with Uncle Josh (Liam's godfather) and Aunt Eva! It was so great to catch up with them and see them, especially since we probably will not get to again before we leave for Minneapolis.


Paw Paw Ronnie taught Liam that he had to hold his pants every time he went down the slide, and Liam was VERY obedient. He taught him this so that he wouldn't try to grab the sides and fall, but Liam just thought it was a new way to slide, lol.


Liam loves to watch our washing machine at home, but Nana's is even cooler! He sat in there and watched the washer and dryer going for at least 20 minutes. Every now and then he would say something about it, but mostly he just observed.


Liam got to hold baby Alia! He still talks about how he sat on Nana's lap and held baby Alia. He is so sweet with her, we can't wait to see him with Ginny.


Since we will not be traveling anymore before the baby and will thus have to miss Christmas with our families, the Gibson clan gave Liam his presents early. Aunt Deana found him an awesome farm equipment set that included a.....big ole green combine! Liam was thrilled, but my cousin Tera and I were laughing because he started saying "my combine!" before it was even open.

We went to the Grant Christmas Tree Farm an hour or so north of Fields and Liam and Greg went on a hayride! Liam was really hoping to ride the tractor, but Greg said he had a blast riding in the hay.


At the tree farm Liam discovered that feeding goats was gross and fun!!
It was a great Thanksgiving week, and we were so grateful to spend it with our awesome families.











0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background