One Year in Minnesota!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
(Our last night in our Holly Creek apartment in The Woodlands, TX. Bittersweet for sure. That was home sweet home, but we were excited to begin our new adventure.)
March 8th was our 1 year anniversary of moving to Minnesota! I can honestly say, it has been a great experience. Have I mentioned lately that we LOVE Minnesota? The weather, the people, that accent, the seasons, the landscape, our apartment, Greg's job, our fantastic neighbors, and so much more. We are so happy here that it makes us a sad to think about moving on (oh yes, Greg is already eligible to apply for jobs again). The hardest part of living up here is being away from family, of course. I used to worry constantly about Liam and Ginny-Beth being forgotten, but then I realized one day...they are unforgettable! It makes me sad that extended family doesn't know them very well, but the effort to maintain contact with them (Skype, text messages for Liam, little letters in the mail, gummi worms, etc.) is so important to them and comforting for this Mama. They're so worth getting to know. I promise :)
Liam's first airplane ride! On our way to Minneapolis. We left New Orleans on Fat Tuesday 2011.
Ginny's first plane ride as well! Ah, what would I have done without Nana Becca? Funny enough she just visited us, so our 1 year anniversary here was spent having fun with her just like last year!
Last snow season was the 4th snowiest on record. Arriving in mid March, we caught the tail end of it, but got to see tons of snow on the ground. This snow season (the one we were here and prepared and excited for) was one of the strangest and least snowiest on record. Not one single snow emergency was declared. That has never happened in Minneapolis before. Maw Maw, did you use your witchy powers to give us a nice, mild, safe winter?
One year ago Liam was mourning the loss of his washing machine (okay so I was the one in mourning, but he was pretty bummed that these don't work when the lid is up!).
We all had red, wind burned cheeks for weeks!
Lake Calhoun didn't even freeze over completely this year!
First St.Patrick's day for my girl :)
We love it here... but I gotta finish up with this blog so I can go finalize the ticket purchase for our trip home this summer :)
---The Minnesota Mabiles
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background