Splat and Feet Painting

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
One of our messiest artistic endeavors yet! Liam started doing the "splat" painting while finger painting one day. I'm sure there are tiny little dots of paint everywhere now, but I can't see them so its okay haha.



Here he is mid splat.


So how do you splat paint? Well, Liam's method is: 1)dip your hand in the paint and rub it around, 2) raise your hand high above the paper, and 3) smack your hand down on the paper.


Ah, but the fun of splat painting is nothing compared to the joys of foot painting! I had him all set up to do some finger painting one day and he asked if he could do it with his feet. He was so cute.





The only rule was: STAY AWAY FROM THE CARPET!!!!


It was pretty much impossible to not get paint on the floor, so we decided to have some fun with clean-up. A wet pair of Dada's socks is perfect for sliding across the floor and cleaning up paint.



This is just about the moment when he looked up at me and said, "Uuuummm, I think that these maybe are too big."


He asked if he could do some splat painting so I let him. Guess who woke up by then? I rolled her pants up so she could do some foot painting, but she was not into it.




And then I got smart and decided to put her in her chair before she got into it. HA! Liam had so much fun foot painting that we decided to invite the little girl in the apartment below us over for to do it with us. They had a blast (especially her). I'll post pictures later.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background