Minnesota Zoo

Monday, July 23, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »

One of our very sweet neighbors was moving away, but had managed to get her hands on some of the coveted free passes to the zoo that the library gives out. She said we only had two days left to use them but they were ours if we wanted. I decided I could most definitely handle the kids alone at the zoo, so we went! We had a blast and even got to ride the monorail this time!



 
Last time he was too afraid, but this time he loved the grizzly bears' den! I don't think he noticed the different geothermal features last time. He talked and talked and didn't want to leave. I'm not even sure if he noticed the bears. That was a good thing though because it was, um....mating season. Lots of awkward glances and chuckles coming from the parents and plenty of "THEY'RE HUGGING!!" coming from the kids. Luckily my little nerd was too worried about the "appetizer" volcanoes and steam vents.


This is Ginny watcing Liam jabber to all the other kids.

And then we moved on to the sea otters. Ginny was in love.
 
 

She pitched a big fit when we finally left the "kitty cats."

Giant aquarium. The big fish really love the smallest kids that just stand there. Kinda creepy really!

And finally....the monorail!!! The last (and only other time) we went to this zoo Liam badly wanted to ride it, but he whined and sulked and didn't listen 90% of the visit so he lost the ride. I felt TERRIBLE when we got home and I took his temperature only to realize he was sporting a fever of 101.

Liam wasn't the only one who liked it, of course.

Very pensive the entire ride. We made sure to sit toward the middle so that we could watch the front AND the back of it go around the curves. He hardly ever took his eyes off the rail.

About to go over water!

It really was so relaxing and fun to glide quietly over all of the animals. This was the groundhog den.

Stay tuned for two very cute zoo videos :)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background