Metra Trip

Thursday, July 11, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
Waaaay back in early June the kids and I decided to cross riding the Metra (a commuter train) off of our summer to-do list. We had so much fun on our little trip!
 
 
Thank goodness we left the house super early (and we live super close to  station) because there was a little parking drama and it took a lot of extra time for us to get parked and get our tickets. Let's just say Illinois is starting to wear on my nerves and the kids came out of it a bag of skittles richer.
 
A real train ticket!
 


I decided we would get off in Cary and try this cute little coffee shop nearby.

Hot chocolates (we had a very chilly early June) and morning glory muffins...yes please!

I was loving this red brick wall. I really want to bring my nice camera (these were all taken with my phone) next time and have a little photo shoot.
Happy Feet :)
 
Handing the ticket to the conductor.

They absolutely LOVED riding the train. Liam spent the first half of the trip in a trance looking out the window. He actually chatted with us on the return trip.
 

Back to our home station!

Happy Meals seemed like an appropriate ending for our happy adventure.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background