West Fest
Thursday, July 11, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
A week or so before we left, the high school near our house held their annual "West Fest" fundraiser. The kids and I had watched the rides pop up throughout the week while we were out and about so we decided we had to go check it out when it opened. Lucky for us, Greg also had a day off on one of the days it was there! This was lucky because I cannot ride rides. Like....NO. I have a very, um, delicate equilibrium. Spinning, shaking, fast things, and pretty much anything else that messes with your eyes makes me very sick to my stomach. The one and only 3D movie I went to was spent with my head down in my hands for 90% of it. Trust me, Avatar is total crap if you can only listen to the story. It's beautiful, but it sucks big time. The fact that it was nominated for an Oscar is laughable. ANYWAY, Greg was off so he could do the rides with the kids. They each got to ride a few. Poor Ginny was too little for pretty much everything.
Her telling me about all of the rides she was going to ride.
The boys going up to the Ferris Wheel.
They loved it!! They could see downtown from the top and Greg said Liam chattered the entire time. He, of course, wanted to figure out how it works.

Ginny chose the carousel. She was too busy talking to pose for any pictures. Greg said she talked about being a princess the entire time.
The princess upon her noble steed.
Liam's second ride he chose was this little dragon roller coaster. He liked it, but notice that he parked himself next to a little girl for the ride. I was glad he did because they held on to each other like they were best friends. He said it was awesome, but his face didn't look like he thought it was during the ride. Like I said, I sure was glad he had that little girl to squeeze next to him!
Ginny wanted to do this one, but we didn't want her doing it alone because it lasted a while. Her big brother fairly willingly agreed to ride along with her. They both ended up loving it and were so serious about it that we couldn't even get them to wave at us.
Of course we had to get a funnel cake!
Oy, carnivals are definitely not my thing, but I sure did have fun watching the rest of the family have fun!










0 comments:
Post a Comment