1st Day of Ba-yay!

Friday, September 13, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
About 24 years ago my mom decided to go with the "if you can't beat em, join em" philosophy when she decided the only cure for my constant spinning, jumping, flipping, and flopping was to put me in dance. Apparently it was what I did all day long. I don't think she realized then how many thousands of dollars she'd be spending on dancing in the future because I LOVED it and ended up doing it for the next 16 years! Dance was something I was decent at, and more importantly, I loved (and still do.) So the day I found out my baby girl was a baby girl, I hoped and hoped she would at least want to give dancing a try when she was little.

I so wanted a little ballerina....

And look what I was given!!!!
 

I know pretty much all little girls love dancing at this age, but this ones got that special little something don't you think? :p

She has been SO SO SO excited for her first "ba-yay" (ballet) class! You can't mention Liam going to school without her chiming in about how she's going to ballet.
 

The fate of the dancing gods even stepped in about 2 weeks ago because her class was cancelled due to low enrollment. Now you might think this was cause for alarm, but I knew it was just cause for a little bit of begging. I was able to get the teachers to allow her to join the 3-4 year old class! This is awesome because now she gets to do ballet AND tap AND tumbling! It is also perfect because this new class is while Liam is in school.
 

She wasn't in the mood for my picture taking. This is the only curtsy she would give me!
 
 

So, after much worry, I was able to get her hair into the required ballerina bun (which no other little girl had once we got there). She insisted that every part of her outfit be pink. Nana even made her that cool bandana bag for her dance shoes!

I was a little nervous about her going in the class on her own, but she was a champ. She insisted that I walk her to her spot on the floor, but was then fine when I had to leave the room. Greg and I only had time to worry about 2 minutes before we heard Beauty and the Beast start up. From then on it was 45 minutes straight of princess songs and the sound of shuffling little feet. There are no windows and we aren't allowed to stay in the room so I have no pictures or video of the actual class, but I'll make sure and take some if they have a little showcase day. Until then, we will just have to wonder what it's like to be a fly on the wall in there because, let me tell you, Miss Priss ain't saying anything about what goes on. You'd think she was dancing for the Royal Ballet or something, hahaha. She has asked everyday since then if she is going back to ballet that day, so I'll take that as a sign that she liked it!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background