Cloud Gate (downtown day pt 2)
Monday, September 17, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
Ok so I'm very late posting this and we have since had another downtown adventure...or 2.... But here we are at millenium park at the famous Cloud Gate sculpture! I didn't expect to be amazed by this thing because famous things are usually disappointing once you see them in real life (I mean you, little tiny Statue of Liberty). Cloud Gate was awesome though! It was like watching an aquarium or a lava lamp, you just kinda found yourself staring at it and wanting to rub it. My favorite part was seeing all the other people doing the same thing. It was really mesmerizing. I'd love to see the bean (that's the nickname for it) on a day when it has just been windexed, it'd be really shiny then. The middle was the coolest part. I feel like I shouldn't tell you why because it might ruin the coolness when you, yes you, make it up here to see it. The best part of Cloud Gate is that it highlights Chicago's best feature (besides the food). It gives you a different view of the beautiful architecture meeting up with beautiful, blue, Lake Michigan. More adventures to come :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment