Downtown Day! (1)

Friday, September 07, 2012 Edit This 1 Comment »
Well, most of the boxes have been unpacked and the house is in fairly normal order so we decided to head downtown for a day of fun! I catch glimpses of Willis Tower (formerly Sears tower) while out running errands and I felt like it was taunting me. We all had different things we really wanted to do so we hit the road bright and early and tried to do a many as possible. First stop? Why the elegant and sophisticated JW Marriott Chicago of course! Seriously y'all, Greg's new joint is classy. Hahahahaha. I felt so out of place in my jean shorts and kids in swimsuits, but Greg made us go in. I have made him promise to take me back when I'm at least a little more dressed up. I would say I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, but that just feels wrong... Anyway, Liam loved the carpet and would not stop talking about how it had... You guessed it... Different kinds of train tracks on it. So we coupled up and chugged on to the bathrooms to change the kids into their swimsuits because our next stop was the super weird/awesome fountain (whose name I canNOT remember) in Millenium Park. See Ginny rocking that Twins cap? We haven't forgotten our Minnesotan friends! We are not Cubs fans YET (even though I think we have to sign in blood that we will be because we are "northsiders.") We haven't made it to Wrigley Field yet, but it's on our Chicago Wishlist that we made. Speaking of...anybody know anybody who could hook me up with a sailboat ride on Lake Michigan? That looks amazing. Anyway, the kids had a BLAST at super weird/awesome fountain and I'm sold on Chicago. More of our day in the next blog...

1 comments:

Emily said...

like pretty woman minus the hooker part :)

Powered By Blogger

Background