Very Different Mondays

Monday, January 21, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm sure many of you have been wondering how Greg is surviving his temporary job change. The answer is great. He's doing great. He's in paradise, with all the Ritz amenities, so he really has no complaints! Seriously y'all, the man went kayaking in the bay for exercise this morning ,and he orders from room service for every meal. Today was his first day off and he said he spent it relaxing. He read poolside and when he got tired of that, he went inside and read until he fell asleep. (And I bet you anything nobody took his bookmark out and used it to mark a spot in their Pooh Bear book.) He sent me pictures of his views. Cruel. Just cruel. Ah, but I'm happy for him (totally not said through gritted teeth and a fake smile). It is a once in a lifetime opportunity after all. Well, maybe not when you are in the hotel biz.

Meanwhile in Chicago... An arctic blast moved in last night and our high today was 10 with windchills in the -10 to -20 range. Really. AND IT STILL WON'T SNOW!!! Come on, if I can't be in paradise with my husband, at least give me snow! Please?! Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. It will be 0 when we take Liam to school in the morning. Really again. On the plus side, the kids haven't completely driven me mad yet. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's my mantra for this very rocky beginning to 2013. Also I think I should start repeating, "wear two pairs of socks," to myself for the next few days because , no kidding, my big toes went completely numb when I was outside dealing with the trash cans!

*I think y'all can figure out which pictures belong to which location.











0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background