About Ginny
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »Well, I realized the other day that I really do not do a lot of talking on this blog. It is mostly pictures and a few cute little stories, which is fine, but I'd like to start keeping everyone a little more up-to-date on how we are and what we're doing...not just what we look like doing it! I thought it might be nice to give each person their own post and I decided to start with the youngest member of the family...Ms. Ginny-Elizabeth! I may not write as much or as thoroughly as I originally intended because 1)Ginny has been having some rough afternoons/evenings for the past two days and when Ginny ain't happy....ain't nobody happy (and Mama's exhausted)! and 2)I burned the tip of my right pointer finger because I got too excited about tasting the HOT peanut butter that just came out of the microwave. Now if blogging with a burned finger tip isn't dedication, I just don't know what is. (That hot peanut butter was almost, ALMOST worth it though...yuuuummy.) Okay, so all about Ginny, here we go!
Ginny really is a little ray of sunshine in our lives. Her smile is absolutely beautiful and so genuine. She's been smiling since she was about two weeks old, and I just know there is a beautiful little soul in that body to match that beautiful little smile. She loves Liam so much. She likes watching him, hearing him talk, being near him, and his toys. I know that's why she learned to crawl and pull up so fast. She just wants to follow him around! She also loves her Dada and Mama, of course.
Ginny-Beth is a little scaredy cat! She always has been. A sneeze used to be a terrifying event in this house, but thankfully she has kind of gotten used to those. (Especially lately since all four of us somehow caught colds! Low grade fever, coughing, sneezing, runny noses, the whole deal. Poor Gin can't seem to get rid of that nasty nose and she HATES the bulb syringe.) Recently her biggest fear is strangers. When Mom first got here she was all out of sorts that first day and didn't even want Mom to look at her. It is SO sad for me that she views family as strangers, but I have to remember that she's just a baby and will remember everyone eventually. We were at the park the other day and this little girl was all about talking to her. Ginny was so scared she was trembling. I've resolved to socialize her more lately, but the first word directed at her out of anyone's mouth results in total , pitiful melt down. Also, you'd think she'd be used to loud noises with Liam being her big brother but noooope.
This little girl is determined! Whatever she decides she is gonna do she finds a way to do or gets M-A-D when she just can't. That will serve her well in life, but first she'll have to master that hot little Irish temper she's got! I describe it like this, "she can go from 0-60 in a flash!" From happy and serene to incredibly ticked off. This is especially hard for her poor Mama when she doesn't know what set her off in the first place. It's just so funny because she reminds me of Greg in how easy going and go-with-the-flow she usually is, but then it changes in an instant.
This is her a week or so ago trying to go from crawling to sitting up without even being able to sit up by herself yet. Like I said, determined. I really just love this sweet little girl. Ya know you have so many dreams for your children and you wish you could impart certain ideal characteristics and qualities to them, but I think the real key to their success is accepting the ones they come here with. All I can do is set her up to be the best person she can, but she ultimately has to choose to let her good qualities shine. Part of setting her up for succes was giving her a good name. Greg sort of just let me take over on this one. As you probably know, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fanatic. In those books is this feisty, kind, brave, spirited, and caring character named...Ginny. I've always admired women who are mostly sweet, but spicy when they need to be so I just couldn't think of a better name to give my daughter. Be kind, but not a push over. Stand up for yourself, but know when to step back and let others have the spotlight. I hope she'll read the books someday and feel proud to be named after her! Another character I fell in love with was Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. Again, sweet & spicy! Also there are about a dozen other reasons why Elizabeth was just the perfect name (for example: I've never known a bad Elizabeth, Greg and I have a mutual love for British monarchy and Elizabeth I & II both kick butt) Thus, Ginny-Elizabeth was deemed to be the perfect name. We did consider other names, but Ginny-Elizabeth was always my first choice. And Ginny's middle name? Before we were even engaged Greg said he would have a daughter named after his grandmother. So Audrey was chosen to complete the trio (yep, I sure do hope she doesn't get mad at me for the double first name thing). A beautiful, strong name (from beautiful, strong women) for a little princess. You are loved, Ginny-Elizabeth Audrey Mabile for everything that you are, and everything that you have the potential to be.


0 comments:
Post a Comment