Must Not Forget

Monday, April 01, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
I'll let you step into my flighty brain (via my cellphone pictures) for a minute.

On March 16th we woke up early and drove into the city to see the river dyed green. That's a check on my bucket list. I loved it... the kids were miserable. It was so cold ,and the wind made it bitter. The kids were frozen. On the walk back to the car, when snow started to fall, we ducked into a Dunkin Donuts and turned a semi-disastrous morning into a great memory. The hot chocolate and 25 pack of munchkins were like magic. I never want to forget that day.


There's always a train when Liam is around. This made me smile when I found it. I never want to forget this phase.


Liam got to see the skeleton of his favorite dinosaur at the Field Museum. We chatted excitedly about how his plates and spikes were awesome and what they might have been used for. I never want to forget that conversation.
 

Greg showed Ginny how to play the cute little wooden frogs. He said these were everywhere in St.Thomas. I never want to forget Greg's incredible patience with our kids.


Liam saw the picture of this cajon drum on the wall and then wandered over to it. When he thought we were not watching, he finally hopped on it and had an impromptu jam session with the other little drummer. I never want to forget how good it feels to watch him let go of his reservations and have fun.


Today, Liam skated over a mile total on our blustery walk to pick up our Redbox DVD. It was Easter. He and I have colds yet again. He pleaded to skate instead of walk and so we let him. We were so proud of him. We were all so tired and cold after the walk that we couldn't wait to dive into our onion soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I never want to forget this day or the way Liam sped along with confidence and bravery. Or the way he asked for "an adult's hand" at every street crossing. Or the way Ginny grinned as she snuggled on top of Greg's shoulders on the walk back.


I finally let Liam pull up a stool and do the dishes. He had so much fun and I taught him all I knew about the mundane chore. I never want to forget his enthusiasm and excitement for something as simple as helping me get the dishes clean.


Ginny enjoyed a beater after whipping up a cake batter with Mom. I'm not sure if any actually made it into her mouth. I never want to forget how quickly and thoroughly she and Liam can clean a batter bowl. Or how she starts talking VERY LOUDLY when she gets excited about something. Or how she is a complete and perfect little mess of a priss.


Accidentally left part of Greg's present out and had to give it to him early. I was so mad at myself because I was so excited to give him the gift all set up on his birthday. He had already guessed what I was getting anyway. Now I'm determined to surprise him with special food for his birthday, but its splat in the middle of the week and he works evenings. He and the kids set up the keyboard today and he and Liam played songs while Ginny and I danced to princess music on Pandora. I never want to forget how happy it makes me to see this father/son duo having something in common.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background