Shamrock Shuffle 8k

Thursday, April 11, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
So last Sunday over 33,000 of my best buds and I met up downtown for a race! 9,296 of them left me in the dust (including at least one child), but hey I wasn't doing it for a win...and I guess I don't hold it against them. Haha, anyway, it was so much fun! I signed up for it back in January when Greg was still in St.Thomas. The winter training for it was the beast, not the actual race. Race day was warm (around 50) and cleared out into mostly sunny skies. Oh, and there was not a patch of ice to be found to leap over! (A curse upon you if you have the money to spend on weather appropriate running attire and don't use it! A curse upon you!) I loved feeling the positive vibes from my fellow participants and the crowd. I LOVED seeing my family at the State St turn cheering me own. Ginny keeps telling me to "show her" how to race and says that we are gonna race and Beeba is gonna watch. Future marathoner haha. Really though, I loved every part of it and I have to say it feels like the first thing of merit I've accomplished since high school. Anyone can run 5 miles, I know that, but not everyone does. Preparing for it forced me to acknowledge and thank God every time I went out for legs that could run and lungs that could breathe.





















0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background