Preschool Shoes
Thursday, April 04, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »I know it's silly, but I had to take some pictures of Liam's first pair of worn out school shoes. I always have trouble with Liam getting older as it approaches his birthday (yes, 2 months counts as approaching), and become sentimental about absolutely everything. At least I knew it was more rational to take pictures of the shoes rather than keep them, right? Oh man, maybe I should've kept them! No, Greg would've had me committed.
Stretched and worn out.The right back outer heel worn out more than any other part because of the slight turn in of his leg. A hole in the front sole by his toes. I can just imagine his little feet kicking absentmindedly as he traced new letters, cut out shapes, and told absurd knock-knock jokes that make no sense with his friends.These shoes were the ones that protected his feet on those awesome walks to and from school. An inexpensive pair of shoes, but they were brand new. His feet the only ones to take them on adventures. These shoes were truly a symbol of him growing up and , not walking away from me, but walking out on his own. He was cramming his foot into those one and a half size too small things for a full month before I finally forced him to pick a new pair. He loved his school shoes too! What did he end up choosing? Not the angry birds or Jake and the Neverland Pirates sneaks. The closest thing they had to these...except they have space ships and planets on them :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment