A Portrait of the Artist as A Young Man

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Edit This 2 Comments »
Liam has been exploring the fine arts for the past week or so. He jammed on the piano (seriously, singing and all...I have a cute video but it won't load), drew with chalk, and painted! I'd say he's looking pretty well rounded so far!


Mozart in the making?






He really seemed to enjoy painting, especially with the brush. I tried to show him that it was okay to use his fingers, but I think he liked the power he held when wielding a brush. :p I held the paint for him on a paper plate and he would use the brush like a spoon to scoop it up. Who am I to question a young artist's method?






And finally, here he is drawing with chalk.
A quick story about the easel (because I'm so proud). My mom asked me to look on Woodlands Online (kinda like an online garage sale) and find Liam a slide to keep at their house. Well, I did. I also noticed that the same family who was selling the slide had this easel on there too. They were giving it away! I asked them if I could have that too and voila! Here it is in our house! It was covered in crayon marks of allll the colors of the rainbow, but I anhilated those with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Also, the clip that holds the paper on the painting side is broken, but I just use tape to hold it up. I just love a good deal!


2 comments:

Rebecca's Murals said...

Thanks Sarah.
I'm heading to Vinice today- by myself:0
the geese are outside hollering at me to get the move on but I had to take a peak at Liam!
no the church bells are ringing....

Save me a painting please!
Caio

DonnaB said...

He looks so intent in both activities. Praise to you Sarah for providing opportunities to make him so well rounded. Like Becky, I am putting in my order for one of the paintings.

Powered By Blogger

Background