Big Boy Bed!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 Edit This 1 Comment »
We've got big news in the Mabile house! Liam is sleeping in a toddler bed now! Actually it is the same bed, but with a different railing. Anyway, I knew he was ready to switch over because he could climb in and out and he was always greeting me in the morning with one leg over the side as if to say..."I was just about to jump out of this thing. You better be glad you got in here!" So with a lot of resolve and the expectation of some difficult nights Greg changed the crib into a toddler bed. I even bought him new , Lightning Mcqueen sheets and made him a little pillow! Let me tell you all, he was SO excited. He "helped" Greg switch it over, and the moment he realized he could just climb in it, we couldn't get him out. We had no clue he would be so excited. He was laughing and jumping in it like it was a new toy. As soon as I got the sheets on he climbed in and said "night night, seepin!" and then began to do his fake snore. We decided to make nap time his first attempt and he was asleep within 10 minutes. WOW. I really expected him to be running and banging at the door. It was hilarious because we saw him get out of it twice and then run back in like he was playing "the floor is lava." (Seriously, everyone should have a video baby monitor. That is some high quality entertainment!) That night, I put him in bed and he fussed at me for not putting the sheet over him and tucking it in (this the child who was throwing blankets off and wiggling out of Greg's super duper swaddling before he was a week old...seriously, I've got pictures), so I put them on him told him good night and left. He slept over an hour more than he did the night before. It has just gone so well! (Thank you Jesus! knock on wood!)

So, here we are over a week later and he is still doing awesome. We have to keep the door to his room shut because he wants to go jump in the bed and lay down! This afternoon I was talking to Mom on the phone and I looked over and saw him climbing into bed. He had pulled the covers all around him, turned his little fishy on (thank you thank you Aunt Leah!), and was playing with his hair. He talks about "night night seepin" all the time and loves to see other people and animals sleeping. Oh, and if you want to see an excited little boy....just come over and let him show you his big boy special bed. He gets so excited! I am so grateful and just pray so hard that he'll continue to do this well. Enjoy the pictures (and forgive my bragging)!


I just had to take a few pictures of him the last morning I went to get him out of the crib. He wasn't in the mood as you can see....

"Hug! Hug!"
That is what he says when he wants you to pick him up.


Here he is testing out the new trampoline...er...bed!


I can't believe my baby is this big!



He wouldn't even let me finish putting the sheets on because he was so excited to sit in it.





Happy Liam in his new bed :)
Oh, one more thing, when you open the door to get him in the morning he shoots out of that bed like a little rocket. It is so funny that he won't get out of it until we come!







1 comments:

Rebecca's Murals said...

Can't wait to see the big boy bed!!!

Powered By Blogger

Background