"Do Everything That You Can Do!"

Thursday, August 23, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
Once we found out we were moving to Chicago, we started thinking about all the things we wanted to do one last time in Minnesota or try and squeeze in before we left. It was alot! Once Greg left and I had those two weeks alone with the kids, I was determined we would do everything we could and not go crazy packing all the time or staying in our apartment. We did a good bit! Most of it involved trains, haha.

Science experiments...okay so this we knew we could do in Illinois but not for a while!

And Liam's just really big into all things science so why not?!
 

We HAD to go to Choo Choo Bob's one last time.
 

If you are ever in St.Paul, you MUST go to Choo Choo Bob's. And if you are ever lucky enough to be way up north in Minnesota, South Dakota, or North Dakota, you gotta watch the Choo Choo Bob Show on Saturday mornings (or you can borrow our DVD!)
 

Holding her Pooh Bear video case.
 
 
 
 

We have spent ALOT of time staring at the trains going by in these two track set ups. I remember nursing an infant Ginny in front of these trains.
 

Unsure of where any theaters who might do morning kids movies in the summer were, we decided to hit up the theater in Shakopee. This was Ginny's first movie experience! We saw Chipwrecked, lol. She made it through the whole thing, but was pretty much ready to go once the popcorn ran out....which was about 10 minutes in.
 

They were both SO GOOD in the two weeks that Greg was gone that they even got a special treat visit to the awesome indoor play area at our McDonald's. Nothing says , "thank you" like a McNugget. Stay tuned for more of our Minnesota farewell tour...

**The title of this blog is a family joke that I will let you in on: When my little brother, Daniel, was about 6 or so he received this robot that responded to voice commands for Christmas. Well, this was the 90's and technology wasn't what it was now (and I'm sure our little tiny country accents didn't help) so the robot had trouble responding to his verbal commands. In frustration, he then yells this command at it , "do everything you can do!" and it became an often used phrase in our house. I know when I get frustrated with something, I still yell it with a giggle.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background