Trick or Treat 2012!
Friday, November 02, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
Well we had a blast this Halloween! What about you? Greg had the day before and the day of off so that made it even better! After our jack-o-lantern pizza early dinner, we decided to dress up, bundle up, and head out to the neighborhood across the road. We figured the kids would get a lot of candy because the people of Illinois are, so it seems, fans of Halloween! I'd say every 3rd house was decorated on average. And I don't just mean a pumpkin on the doorstep. I mean body parts coming out of the lawn, fake graveyards, spider webs (those last two seem to be the most popular form), and blow up characters. Pooh Bear and Tigger were popular...thanks neighbors! We've got our fingers crossed that their enthusiasm for Halloween is a mere whisper of their enthusiasm for Christmas decor! Ah, I'm already daydreaming of some coooold snowy walks to look at lights! Oh, yeah, sorry Thanksgiving.
Now of course the house in this picture isn't decorated, but trust me...many were! Anyway, aren't they just the cutest. Liam was a train engineer. He says he is going to be that every year forever. Ginny was Pooh bear. Or Princess Pooh Bear. I couldn't resist the tutu. Or, as her Nanny Jessica dubbed her, Ginny the Pooh! Greg was Harry Potter. I made him dress up and went and threw this costume together for him about 10 minutes before we left. He and Ginny were tied on the number of compliments they got. What was I you ask? Well I slapped on my trusty tiger ears and my MUGGLE shirt and was a witch in disguise. Yeah, I'll put more effort into it next year maybe.
This is Liam and our upstairs neighbor Devin! We met up with him soon after we started and then ended up trick-or-treating together (he is only 2 months older than Liam). Those two ran to every single house for about an hour and a half straight. Ginny was never far behind them.
Ginny's shyness was non-existant for this night. She will talk to you for candy apparently. Oh my gosh and if the people had a dog...she was IN their house petting it.This usually earned her extra candy. When she would see a dog in the window of the house she was going to she would shout, "PUPPY DOG!" and run as fast as her little legs could go up to the door.
Cutest little Pooh Bear! I must note on here that about an hour before we got all dressed up she announced this to me as she dug through their dress up box: "I wan be a happy bir-day to you cupcake for Ha-ween!" Cute idea Gins, but a little too late! Maybe next year! Also, yes, she really did say that. She talks really well!
Those are the faces of two people who can't wait to dig into their kids' candy!
Harry and Ginny, lol.
Greg, who was awesome and walked with Ginny pretty much the entire time, says she is never allowed to have a fluffy tutu costume again. Apparently it was hard for her to climb steps in it and she could never get the candy into her bucket because all the tulle was blocking it. I told him that she would probably want to choose her own costume idea next year so maybe he wouldn't have to worry about that. I secretly hope she tells me she wants to be a fluffy fairy princess and we will tulle her up. Funny enough, he said the wand was very useful in moving the tulle out of the way for her. You're a wizard, Greg!
My main man not so patiently posing for me.
I didn't really get great pictures of them because they were too excited. We'll have to have a separate dress-up and take pictures day next year.
Batman and the train engineer. A couple of people made him blow his train whistle before they would give him candy. He eagerly obliged, hahaha!
This was their first house! Ginny was a little hesitant but by the end of it she was shoving Liam and Devin out of the way saying, "I need can-nee!" Where are your manners Pooh Bear, really?
Chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff!
It was so hard trying to get pictures of her, with my phone (lower quality), when she was so excited, while making sure the "h" in Pooh was visible. Yeah, we got a couple of Poo shots.
We have so much candy at our house now. And two Fiber One bars. Oh and two books about how Halloween is the devil's night and Jesus doesn't like that and we'll go to hell for dressing up. At least the lady gave it to them with a piece of candy, hahahaha.
***Just an FYI: You might wonder why the pictures are all out of order and of lesser quality all the time now. That's because I am blogging entirely from my phone. Our computer is so stuffed full that I can't even get the pictures from my camera onto it. Yeah, the camera is full too. So until we remedy our never ending lack of storage problem, you'll keep seeing it like this! It irritates me to no end that the pictures do not come up in the order I select, but I decided a while back that it is better to get them up, in whatever form,, than not to at all.














0 comments:
Post a Comment