Before Kindergarten
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »Well...tomorrow is a BIG day! A BIG half day (Kindergarten is only half a day here) at least! Tomorrow my little boy starts Kindergarten. I promise ya'll I will have pictures up ASAP tomorrow! I've already got a nice empty camera and a full battery!
Yesterday morning was a little pre-first-day-of-school conference. We thought it was for the kids to get to see the class and be familiar with the place before they came on Wednesday, but no...it was totally for the parents. We were there with three other sets of parents and got to have a sort of one-on-one breakdown of how to drop-off, pick-up and what they would do in their class. I really like his teacher. Greg and I both think she is Aunt Rhonda's yankee twin (in looks and more so in personality)! Anyway so they took the kids back to do a little readiness check of asking them letters, letter sounds, numbers, and shapes...stuff like that. I don't really know why they did it but they did. I knew they were going to do it so Liam and I had been quizzing everyday because, as I told Greg, I want him at the smart kid table, hahaha! On the walk home I asked him about it and he said they did ask him those things. I said, "Did you forget any of them?" Liam: "I forgot all of them!" Me: (in controlled voice that was masking horror) "What???" Liam: "I remembered them there, but I forgot all of them now." Translation: Stop talking to me about this, I did fine.
This conversation is a version of our everyday conversation after pre-K.
Me: "Liam, so what did you learn today?" Liam: "Nothing!"
Hahaha, that boy.

The prince and the princess before the conference.
Check back tomorrow evening for first day pictures!
Yesterday morning was a little pre-first-day-of-school conference. We thought it was for the kids to get to see the class and be familiar with the place before they came on Wednesday, but no...it was totally for the parents. We were there with three other sets of parents and got to have a sort of one-on-one breakdown of how to drop-off, pick-up and what they would do in their class. I really like his teacher. Greg and I both think she is Aunt Rhonda's yankee twin (in looks and more so in personality)! Anyway so they took the kids back to do a little readiness check of asking them letters, letter sounds, numbers, and shapes...stuff like that. I don't really know why they did it but they did. I knew they were going to do it so Liam and I had been quizzing everyday because, as I told Greg, I want him at the smart kid table, hahaha! On the walk home I asked him about it and he said they did ask him those things. I said, "Did you forget any of them?" Liam: "I forgot all of them!" Me: (in controlled voice that was masking horror) "What???" Liam: "I remembered them there, but I forgot all of them now." Translation: Stop talking to me about this, I did fine.
This conversation is a version of our everyday conversation after pre-K.
Me: "Liam, so what did you learn today?" Liam: "Nothing!"
Hahaha, that boy.
The prince and the princess before the conference.
Check back tomorrow evening for first day pictures!


0 comments:
Post a Comment