First Day of Kindergarten!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
What has two thumbs, is super smart, is crazy adorable, and is in Kindergarten???


THIS GUY!!!
 

(just click the picture if you are having trouble reading his sign)

That's right, we now have an official elementary school student in the house. He was really excited going to bed last night and even more so when he woke up this morning! He started his morning like pretty much any other. When I came in from my run he and Ginny already had the train tracks out making today's layout. We followed that with some green eggs and banana nut muffins! He didn't seem nervous at all today in the line-up, but maybe that was because he had his good buddy from pre-K and hockey there beside him.

This is a side-by-side of him holding his sign last year and this year. Not much has changed with Liam in exactly one year! Both years he chose volcano t-shirts for his first day outfit. He still wants to be an "L" train driver when he grows up, though it comes with this disclaimer now: "Unless I grow up in a different city then I want to be an Amtrak driver." He has the same backpack, but with more patches now. He even started on the exact same day last year.  Oh, and I'd say he still has a baby face and ample cheekage. Yeah, the only thing that has changed is that Mama is now packing an awesome camera!
 
 

We could only hold off his #1 fan for so long...
 

A pose with Dada for the memories.
 

I told Greg, "these are the pictures that we'll look back on when he's graduating high school and say, oh my gosh we were so young!!!"
 

And I, of course, had to squeeze him until he could barely breathe.
 

Now this was an unexpected surprise and something we took as a good omen. Our neighbor had a Second City Trolley parked in his driveway this morning! Liam's jaw dropped when he looked out the window. It was so cute.
 

Goooo Falcons!
(We're pretty sure they're the falcons...it's definitely some kind of bird that's not an eagle or an owl.)
 

Here he is with one of his best buddies. He was showing off his new Mario Kart lunch bag that he brings his snack in. I didn't know until 2 days ago that we were in charge of sending their snack so I made a mad rush over to Wal-Mart hoping they'd still have a Mario one. I got the last one ;) Now Greg and I noted in the line-up that there looked like there were way more girls than boys. Greg starts laughing, "he's gonna be in heaven." Liam loves girls.
 

And there he goes into school. He waved and blew kisses. Gosh I love him. And that's when the tears started to flow...but they weren't mine...
 
 

As soon as he started walking away we heard a heartbroken little voice shout, "Beeee-baaaa!!" She was so upset. It was pitiful, but also very sweet. That made me tear up a bit so I just picked her up and we started walking home hugging each other. She used to get upset when we would drop him off for pre-K so I was prepared for her reaction. I'll show you my surprise for her in the next post.

After a somewhat quieter morning than usual (I seriously missed the sound of those wooden train tracks clacking together), it was time to go get our buddy bear!

He was the first kiddo in line!
 

We sure were happy to see him, and couldn't wait to hear how his day went! His 2 day a week pre-K was good practice for this Kindergarten stuff (for both us and him.)
His day went a little like this: I played with WOODEN train tracks! I played with ____ (not sure if I should post his buddy's name or not) and this other boy I didn't know. We looked at the music room, went to the li-barry, and we saw the office and the gym. There were people in the rooms so we had to be very quiet and just peek in. And then, apparently, they read a book about bumping into people and apologizing and didn't sit at tables but in a circle on the floor. OH! And he was excited because his teacher said their bathroom had NO light switch and that the lights would just turn off and on by themselves when you walked in. We theorized that a robot lives in the wall.
 

Ah, back at home on our porch swing. He was busy telling Ginny all about something in this picture. She has started asking him questions lately, and he loves giving her the answers.

Anyway, he had a great first day and is excited to go back tomorrow. We took him out for pizza to celebrate.
So, please, raise your next glass of root beer to our Liam bear and the class of 2026!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background