Liam's Super Mario Bros. Party! Game ON!
Sunday, August 11, 2013 Edit This 0 Comments »
Going with the idea that it's "better late than never", here are the pictures from Liam's 5th birthday party! It was Super Mario themed, of course.
Now what major event isn't precluded by some minor fiasco(s)? Not a one. The last time things just sort of fell apart before my eyes despite a lot of hard work and planning was my half marathon, and though I finished, I was NOT happy with the way it went. I'm pleased to say that this birthday party, though fiasco laden, was AWESOME! Now let me just say right off the bat, this was the first birthday party I'd ever planned. We just never saw the point of throwing a big bash for Liam before he would be able to really enjoy it. Waste of time and money, ya know. Last year would have been a good year to do it, but my wonderful in-laws sort of did it for me since we were in LA for his birthday. This year was time for Mama to suck it up and just do it! By the merciful glory of all things in Heaven, I was NOT alone though! On party day, and the days leading up to it, I had my mom, mom-in-law, brother, and Greg to help execute things! They were all absolutely amazing and let me just say publicly, if I didn't already:
THANK YOU!!!!
When we came home from Liam's baseball game the afternoon before party day and the front porch of the house was ripped off and in spread across most of the yard they let me cry in the stairwell for an embarrassing amount of time, talked to the workers outside about clearing it up, and reassured me that it was no big deal. Then, when we realized it would be way too cold for the water balloons (50s in early June...crazy), they helped me come up with a modified game plan. Then , about an hour before party time when it started to rain and wash away the amazing sidewalk chalk activity Becky and Greg had worked all morning on, all hands were on deck to rearrange the house and move the party inside. Seriously, the party would've been nothing without their help. BUT, I did have their help and, despite the minor hiccups, it got started and the kids really seemed to have a blast. Wanna see what nearly drove me to the nut hut? Game ON!

The food!
(click on these to make them larger)
Now what major event isn't precluded by some minor fiasco(s)? Not a one. The last time things just sort of fell apart before my eyes despite a lot of hard work and planning was my half marathon, and though I finished, I was NOT happy with the way it went. I'm pleased to say that this birthday party, though fiasco laden, was AWESOME! Now let me just say right off the bat, this was the first birthday party I'd ever planned. We just never saw the point of throwing a big bash for Liam before he would be able to really enjoy it. Waste of time and money, ya know. Last year would have been a good year to do it, but my wonderful in-laws sort of did it for me since we were in LA for his birthday. This year was time for Mama to suck it up and just do it! By the merciful glory of all things in Heaven, I was NOT alone though! On party day, and the days leading up to it, I had my mom, mom-in-law, brother, and Greg to help execute things! They were all absolutely amazing and let me just say publicly, if I didn't already:
THANK YOU!!!!
When we came home from Liam's baseball game the afternoon before party day and the front porch of the house was ripped off and in spread across most of the yard they let me cry in the stairwell for an embarrassing amount of time, talked to the workers outside about clearing it up, and reassured me that it was no big deal. Then, when we realized it would be way too cold for the water balloons (50s in early June...crazy), they helped me come up with a modified game plan. Then , about an hour before party time when it started to rain and wash away the amazing sidewalk chalk activity Becky and Greg had worked all morning on, all hands were on deck to rearrange the house and move the party inside. Seriously, the party would've been nothing without their help. BUT, I did have their help and, despite the minor hiccups, it got started and the kids really seemed to have a blast. Wanna see what nearly drove me to the nut hut? Game ON!

The food!
(click on these to make them larger)
This game was a variation of musical chairs and the kids loved it. One of the goals for the whole party was to collect coins and this game was heavy on the coins!
Now this was the coolest. It's called a balloon drop. I highly recommend this over a piƱata for your next birthday bash! And yes, those 5 year olds ARE armed with plastic forks (red for fire flowers and blue for ice flowers)
Of course they loved it , and despite some worries I had before, no one even came close to getting stabbed.



0 comments:
Post a Comment