Ginny Update
Thursday, August 04, 2011 Edit This 2 Comments »I just wanted to give everyone an update on our Ginny girl. I think most everybody knows by now that she's been sick lately. Here's the summary: Starting Sunday she had been running fairly high fevers that just kept getting higher. Tuesday morning she was at 104.1 so we went in to see the pediatrician that afternoon. They took blood and told me they would call that evening but did not expect anything out of the ordinary. Well, at 6:50 one of the doctors in the practice called and said that we needed to get her to an Urgent Care or ER as soon as possible to get an antibiotic shot in her. Her white blood cell count was 30,000. A sick person's is 10,000-15,000. That meant she had a bacterial infection somewhere. That was a bit alarming especially since she told me not to wait on my husband to get home but to go right then. LUCKILY, Greg was about 15 minutes from home so by the time I was ready enough to leave he was coming in the door to take over with putting Liam to bed. We were admitted into the ER and they drew some more blood, ran a catheter, and gave her the antibiotic shot. The doctor came in right before we were taking her to get an x-ray and said there was no need because it was for sure a urinary tract infection. Poor baby! We were only there about 3 hours so we were so glad to get an answer and to go home and sleep in our own beds! Since then we have been back to the doctor twice and while her white blood count is, thankfully, dropping it is still at 21,000 which is much higher than it should be. We are waiting on the new numbers from this morning right now. Also we are waiting to find out what kind of bacteria and how much there is which could mean a whole new day of baby torture tests for her. Anyway, her fever is way down now and she seems much happier and less tired. We are so thankful for that. Every body keep our sweet little Ginny in your thoughts and prayers!
These pictures are from yesterday, just wanted everyone to SEE that she's okay!
Poor little bruised up arms!
Not too sick to try and wrestle Liam for his sippy cup.
This one is from just a few hours ago.
I had been looking forward to updating the blog but I've kinda been set back with all of this Ginny drama lately. I will do it soon though! I've got so much to post! In the meantime, I've decided my new theme song for the time being will be "Rock Around the Clock." I thought that might help me roll out of bed in the wee hours a bit easier.


2 comments:
I love you Ginny Girl! Hurry and get well!
Poor Ginny, what a torture! Stella had an uti when she was less than a year. Same story, very high blood counts, er, shots fever..... So I def know how you feel. We figured out back then that she has a double kidney which is nothing bad but when there is an infection it makes the infection way worse. It is more common than people think. You might want them to check her for that. It's good to know if so. Esp. when they run high fever.
Hope things get better soon. Verena
Post a Comment