Hanging Out
Monday, August 08, 2011 Edit This 2 Comments »For the most part, when Mom was here, we just spent our time hanging out around the apartment together. It was SO SO SO nice to have someone there helping out. Some people say they would never have a nanny, but I'd have one faster than you can say "I gotta potty!" if we could afford it. I guess I should rephrase and say that I'd have someone who cleaned, did laundry, picked up clutter, and also occasionally baby sat while I went to the grocery store alone. I would just worry about Liam and Ginny while she took care of the apartment. Ah what a dream... Anyway, I got majorly spoiled in the month of July with Mom there the first 2 weeks and Greg's Mom there the last 2. Tomorrow will be my first grocery outing with both kids in over a month. WHOA. One major difference, though, is that Ginny sits up great on her own now so she is much more entertained. Liam also thinks he's the bomb-diggity because he gets to ride in the cart and comment on what I put in there with him. Seriously, he's like a grocery heckler....
Hanging out reading books. They read and read and read. I believe The Gingerbread Man was the #1 choice. It's so funny, Liam pronounces it "Jean-Jah-Bread." Ginny-Elizabeth wanted to be near Nana so badly that she agreed to be Liam's footstool.
Isn't that the craziest/coolest high chair you've ever seen? Ginny loves it, especially when you turn her around and she can kick her legs wildly in it.
Hanging out is what these two specialize in. I see many couch potato Sunday nights filled with old Top Gear episodes in their future...


2 comments:
The potty and bath conversations were priceless. Reading and telling all those stories was heavenly. Watching "Mighy Machines" with Liam on my lap was fantastic. Our walks and even the slide down the rolling slide was supreme. Ginny's smile and watching her work so hard at pulling up was spectacular. I miss ya'll!
Oh Top Gear...I am familiar with that show as well. THey could hang out one weekend and we could do fun stuff. lol
Post a Comment