Minnesota State Fair Pt.1

Saturday, October 01, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »
So right at the end of August we had another guest! Greg's little sister Emily came for a week. We had a blast and saw as much as we possibly could.




Playing Chutes & Ladders



Lucky enough, the Minnesota State Fair opened the week that she came. Greg had the opening day off so we decided to go ahead and go. Now weeks before I had been doing some food research and we had kinda been discussing what we wanted to make sure that we ate. Foods on sticks is kinda their big thing there. Emily and I went into training the day before, eating as little and as lightly as possible so we could totally pig out on whatever we wanted the next day. My iphone app that I use to track calories occasionally told me that I was starving myself at the end of that day. Not to worry little app, I ate about 3 days worth of calories at the fair!! The night before, we each selected a few things that we just had to try.




Now, unfortunately for Aunt Emily, Ginny had to go back to the doctor the day she arrived because she got yet another UTI. That meant that all the strangers she met that day stuck needles in her and tortured her again. The already shy Ginny had a very hard time with our visitor. It was sad because she stayed scared of her almost the entire time :( So it was very special when she let her hold her for a while at the fair!




The award winning breads, muffins, cakes, and cookies. If I ever had to be locked in a room I would want THIS one to be the room. I wish you got to eat this stuff!




Ginny cuddles :)




Heading off to our first food stop!




A giant corn dog! They call them Pronto Pups. Not sure why.




I don't like corn dogs, but those 3 were pretty dang excited.




There was a whole John Deere exhibit. Liam was very excited and went from small machine to small machine. You couldn't climb on the tractors and there were no combines, but he didn't care!




I have no idea what this is, but Liam was driving it!








He's operated a lawn mower kinda like this before :)







My favorite part was a new thing to the fair this year. The Giant Sing Along! We had SO much fun. If it hadn't been so hot, I think we would've stayed even longer. A camera man for one of the local stations even came up and filmed all of us, but we never found ourselves on the tv or online. I wonder if it was because I was wearing an LSU shirt....








We got Liam to shout a few Geaux Tigers! and Who Dats!




Singing!




They played old songs and new songs and it was so much fun to sing with the crowd. One song that they played was the University of Minnesota fight song. You could tell that NO ONE knew it because it was kind of sung softly. We just shouted when they shouted.




A fair must-have for Greg... a funnel cake!









Ginny didn't see the big deal about all that food.



Posted by Picasa



0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background