Apple Orchard Pt.1
Thursday, November 17, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »One of the things on our "Must see" list for Minnesota was an apple orchard. We had dreams of bundling up, drinking hot chocolate, buying baskets of apples that we picked from the trees, picking out a perfect pumpkin (this was before Halloween, remember), and letting Liam ride on a hayride. Oh and I just knew the kids would know how badly I wanted gorgeous fall pictures of them and would willingly pose and look like the were having the time of their lives. Well.....that didn't happen. None of it. Oh, we did find a pretty perfect pumpkin though! First of all, the weather was unseasonably warm when we went. A high in the low 80s so no bundling up and no hot chocolate. Second, these apple orchards know they have a big business so they charge outrageous prices for these "experiences." A peck (small bag) of apples that you pick yourself was $23!!! We just couldn't pay that, and they didn't let you pick if you were buying any less than that. There was a tractor-pulled hay ride but it was also outrageously priced and not much of a ride. Oh yeah, and the pictures didn't go as planned but at least I got some! We really did have a great time despite all of this. Things are what you make them, ya know. We walked around the apple trees, ate apple donuts, enjoyed the fall colors, and Liam even got to play on a big wooden train. I don't think we'll be going back next year though...
One of our favorite parts of the visit, this is Chief! Liam was a little scared at first because he was so big (and isn't really an animal or bug kinda kid), but he warmed up to him fast. This dog was old and loved apple donuts. What a life! Chief has a happy, sweet, calming soul and I just couldn't tear myself away from him, which is rare for me with animals. At one point Liam and I were both resting our heads on him.
Don't you just want to walk down there?
Pt. 2 coming soon!


0 comments:
Post a Comment