Happy Thanksgiving! The Meal

Thursday, November 24, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It was important to us to show Liam what a traditional Thanksgiving feast looked like so we decided to do it properly. We were both complete novices to turkey roasting, but I'd roasted several chickens before so I wasn't too worried. We decided to go the brining route. We cleared out a rubbermaid just for the occasion. Hahaha


Mr. Turkey in his bath. He soaked overnight.


There he goes in the oven.


Oooh and here is all done! He was quite juicy. Greg was the carver and he described him as "leaky."


Greg and the "leaky" turkey.


Magic cookie bars for dessert. Simple, fast, delicious, and Liam got to help with every part. Look at my hair....wild! I'm not sure if I was nervous about cooking all the food or excited about eating all of it but I barely slept last night.


Like my sprinkling technique?


Now Liam knows how to spend a Thanksgiving! He loved watching the Macy's parade and parked himself on the couch for a good 30 minutes to watch it.


The spread.


Clockwise from the top: Magic cookie bars, Italian sausage/apple/cranberry stuffing, garlic butter green beans and sauteed mushrooms, giblet gravy, Martha Stewart's macaroni and cheese, and turkey.


Yeah I had some fun with photo editing today.


The food turned turned out SO GOOD!!! Greg and I were quite pleased. Greg's favorite: macaroni and cheese or stuffing, Sarah's: Mac and cheese....crazy good, Liam's: the italian sausage in the stuffing , and Ginny: FOOD!


A sparkling cranberry toast to all the things we are thankful for: family, Ginny coming into our lives this year, toys, good food, clean water, Greg's job, our health.....(we could've gone on and on)


Getting down on some mac and cheese.


And finally, the surprise hit of the day...ripping up the Black Friday ads that Mama was done looking through! Both of them had SO MUCH FUN. Just look at Liam's faces.






He didn't rip up any that had toys though, lol.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background