Food Stamps (No not that kind!)
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »Liam is not a very "sit down and do arts and crafts" kinda kid. He likes, to quote him, "wheels and tires." He likes movement and physical activity. Always has. In fact, I now have to make sure I change him out of his nice pairs of pants immediately after we get home because he has started wearing holes into the knees. While in Louisiana, he ruined the knees of two pair of play pants because he absolutely loves Maw Maw Poochie's and Paw Paw Ronnie's oval "race track" rug. We would all love to know how many laps around that thing he has made. Oh and since returning home from that trip, he has ruined yet another pair of play pants. That's 3 pair of holey (*not "holy" as I had originally written...no papal pants blessings here) pants. Yeah, that's why I try to broaden his horizons (well there are other reasons too I guess, haha). Anyway...
We decided to do food stamping one day. Ya know, carrot, potato, or whatever else you can find cut up so that they can use it as a stamp.
He then asked me for a piece of bread and I was thinking, "oh my gosh his creative juices are really flowing. I'm such a great mama for introducing him to this wildly fun and inspiring art project."
He conned me.
But then he made lines with the crust so all was not lost. HA!
**Liam and I would also like you all to note that while saving your "food stamps" in the fridge is economical, they will be gross and slimey and cold the next day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment