My Owls
Friday, February 03, 2012 Edit This 2 Comments »I love owls. Always have. Maybe it's because I grew up so far out in the woods or maybe it's because I have some of that Drake witch blood ;p , but I never found them scary or even creepy. They meant peaceful evenings to me and a thrill of excitement to hear them hooting. *Though I have heard screech owls before and that sound literally sends shivers up my spine.* Then came Harry Potter and their status as awesome was solidified in my book. After Liam was born, with those big dark eyes, I always referred to him as my owl baby or my night owl. Ginny is now the same. Lucky for me, shortly after Liam was born, owls sort of started to invade everything and now you can get just about anything with an owl on it! There are owls all over our house now. They're not bad omens, they're just misunderstood.
Liam and Ginny?
See what I mean? Remember his hair as a baby (which still sticks up some in the back even now)? It always reminded me of the owls with the big tufts.
Come on now. Owl baby for sure.
I love owls...especially my two.






2 comments:
I saw adorable owl bowls and plates in Target's dollar section! Just in case you need more owl!
Oh thanks! I will havve to go look. I have been making myself avoid that area lately because I always get something we do not need...like owl bowls and plates lol!
Post a Comment