Snow Painting

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
I make a conscious effort every day to tear him away from the trains with different activities. At first I thought we'd use the train obsession to learn about different things (ya know like why water turns to steam and stuff like that), but it's not trains that he's interested in , I learned. It's linking the tracks together and pushing them on it. So now I try to show him completely different things. This day we grabbed some snow from outside and had fun with food coloring.


At first, we used a paint brush.


But with the dye so diluted by water, and the brush being small, it just took too long to see results.


So we got out some spoons.


He liked that MUCH better.



And then he got bored with that (artsy stuff is NOT Liam's cup of tea...and that's why I make him do it hahaha) so I let him pour the color onto the snow.



Now that was fun.


Just look at those swirly creations.


He loved that he got to pour by himself too. (Remember, his Mama has some mess issues.)


Isn't that so cool?!


The colors stayed separate from each other until you stirred them. I have no idea why. Maybe the snow had something to do with it?




When we were finished, the countertop (not surprisingly) was a bit ...multi-colored. After trying to scrub it off with cleaner, I remembered grade school! My teachers would put shaving cream on top of the desks and we could write and draw in it until time to wipe it off. It would get those desks so clean...and I remember having really soft hands. Liam was INTO this. Poor thing kept looking at me like I was crazy, but then once I showed him it was okay to go crazy he did. Now if only it would snow again!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background