Louisiana Trip -- Airport & Nana
Monday, December 12, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »And so begins the retelling of our fantastic, over-too-soon, must do again immediately trip back home to Louisiana!
We made it through security easy and quickly and found this awesome play area right by our gate. It was perfect because Liam was entertained, could get out energy, and was pretty easy to keep track of in there. I needed to feed Ginny so I was really happy to have him occupied. It was not easy traveling alone with a 3 year old and a baby, but people were very helpful and understanding. On our the first leg of our flight from Minneapolis to St.Louis (yes I wanted to save money so we had a lay over...not fun) a man even offered to carry a kid or a bag. I let him help me with the bag and he said his daughter had done the same thing when his grandkids were about the same age. I love these nice Minnesotans! Anyway, the kids were both actually very good on the flights. It was just exhausting trying to carry 3 bags, a baby, and holding Liam's hand. Our only drama from Liam came from when he saw a Dunkin' Donuts in the St. Louis airport, said "LOOK!", let go of my hand and made a run for it. I snatched his hand back as soon as I could and verbally tore him a new one. I am NOT a fan of those kid leashes and I couldn't help but laugh when I imagined if he had been on one of those running for the donuts. Down boy! Heel! No donut!
Yeah so I didn't realize there was a man and lady viking in the little cut out and the only good picture I snapped was of him as the lady viking. Hee hee, oh well.
Playing on Nana's sweet Ipad 2 on the first morning. We were so glad to be in Fields after our long day of travel!
Literally dripping with cute. I worried about how she would sleep and do on the trip with everything being new and different but she did awesome. Our next visit will definitely be longer.
Ginny warmed right up to Mom. They had plenty of quality cuddle times.


0 comments:
Post a Comment