Last Thursday (well, the one before yesterday) Greg had the day off AND the weather was perfect so we decided to make the 1 hour-ish drive north to Interstate State Park. I told Liam the day before that we were going to go hiking and then explained to him what that was. He said, "No, I just wanna go swimming."

Well, this little man didn't remember swimming for very long because he had a ball. He loves being outside and this was a whole day of it.

This little mama was having fun too :)

Big Mama had a blast as well!

I asked Greg to make sure and document the fact that I was there. My babies and I along the banks of the St.Croix river. See that land on the other side? That's Wisconsin!

He climbed all over the rocks. The landscape changes abruptly from what you see in the picture above to what you will see in the pictures from here on out.

Ginny doesn't sit up well enough to use the framed backpack so Greg carried her in the "Dada carrier." The last time that was used was when Liam was about 8 months old in Austin, TX. Memories :)

We learned a new meaning of the word "pothole." This is a glacial pothole! From what I remember, these are formed as a result of retreating/melting glaciers. The swirling currents of all that water create these. This park has some of the best examples of them in the world. We even got to go in one.

A very nice lady offered to take our picture. It is rare indeed to get a picture of all of us together!

The Taylor Falls princess. Liam LOVED waving at the people on it. We wonder what he would think about riding it...
1 comments:
I can't wait to go there. It looks great! I want to ride the Taylor Falls Princess!
Post a Comment