Here are pictures from Liam's 3rd birthday last week:

Opening the hamburger from Nana Becca (do you remember leaving this for him Nana Becca?).

Mom wanted to watch him open her present on Skype. Great idea! It's a Vtech camera. I was so tired of catching him playing with mine, and our old one flat out doesn't work anymore, so it was decided that he needed his own. He took 113 pictures in about 4 hours, lol!

The Gibson side singing happy birthday to him. He sang along :)

How old are you Liam? I'm three!!! He doesn't really have the fine motor skills to hold up only 3 fingers yet so this is the picture I got.

Yep, a combine cake. When we went for his well-child check up the Tuesday after his birthday, his doctor asked him who was on his birthday cake. He said, "A combine!" She then talked with him for several minutes about combine harvesters. She grew up on a farm and most of her family is still in the farming industry :) She informed us of something very exciting. At the Minnesota State Fair there is something called "Combine Hill" or "Machinery Hill (she couldn't remember) and there you get to GET IN COMBINES! Greg and I can barely wait to take him. The fair is in September.

Greg gets the credit for this fabulous birthday candle blowing out picture! He even had Ginny-Elizabeth in one arm...he's so talented :p

For Liam's "party" we invited over all of the children who live in our building. I should mention that they are ALL girls (except for 1 baby boy who is on vacation now anyway). So Liam and 8 little girls ages 4 months - 4 years partied away. When the first girl got there (the one in the pigtails across from Liam) he said, "Can you drive a dump truck?" She smiled, grabbed one, and they began making laps around the apartment. He had a blast with all of his friends. He even went to a tea party last Wednesday, LOL!

Eating some combine cake :) Like the birthday hats? Liam insisted on having hats at his party because there is an ice cream commercial up here where a cow is wearing a birthday hat at a birthday party. The hats were a hit.

We got Liam a train table for his birthday present ($40 on Craigslist!!!) because he loves playing with his trains and Ginny is already scooting/army crawling. The table should help delay her destruction until she's pulling up. Oh, and this is what a train track looks like after 5 2-4 year olds have had it for an hour.
**And speaking of birthdays, welcome to the world Jeremiah! Greg's oldest sister had her 3rd child yesterday. Jeremiah and Ginny-Elizabeth are exactly 5 months apart.**
1 comments:
I love the cake! I love the guests! I love the birthday boy!
Post a Comment