Zoo Part 1

Friday, June 03, 2011 Edit This 2 Comments »
I had heard and read about this free zoo and conservatory over in St.Paul (the other twin in the "twin cities"). We weren't sure how good it would be since it was free, but we just had to find out. Also, we found out that they have polar bears and Greg and I really wanted to see them. So we decided to take the babies the next opportunity we got. For a solid month our attempts to go were foiled by too cold for Ginny to be outside for a long time temperatures or rain. Well, last week we finally got to go and we had a blast! This will be one of the first places we take any visitors we have from now on. Oh, and by the way, Liam is convinced that they do not let you in if you do not poop on the potty before you get there so please do not tell him otherwise! I try to spend as little time as possible in public restrooms and he usually camps out on the potty to do his...business.





This picture looks familiar! I had to include it with this post though because it is him giggling at the seal...which he loved!

He really liked watching the seal swim back and forth and splash around. We are going to try and catch the seal show next time we go.


Again, very impressed by that seal. By the way, did you notice that we are wearing jackets? It was a chilly, blustery, late MAY day.




I think this was him with the penguins. He liked the puffins too though. I enjoyed seeing all of the cold weather animals because I had never seen them before. We wondered why the "African Hooved Animals" were in a house, but then realized that this was nowhere near their natural climate!




And now for the main attraction...the polar bears! Those bad boys were large and Liam was having a hard time believing that piece of glass would keep them away. I had to take a picture of how serious he was around them!





Finally got him to get a closer look.




Needless to say, we didn't spend too long at the polar bears.






We found another viewing area where there were no people. The bears were farther away, but Liam still wasn't having it!




Ginny at 4 1/2 months was about the same size as a 2 month old polar bear!



Now this was really funny. Liam kept asking about the giraffes before we went, and when you asked him what he wanted to see most that's always what he said. Well, once we found them outside (after a brief scare that they were gone because they were not inside) he was still not happy. I took a video that I will post later (although I warn you now that he was talking so low it might be hard to understand him), but this is the picture I snapped when we first saw the giraffe. We asked him what was wrong and he said it was "too small." I wondered what he could possibly have imagined the giraffe to be like and then I looked over and realized...the giraffe was sitting. How dare you giraffe...how dare you!




Stay tuned for Zoo Part 2!

2 comments:

DonnaB said...

I can't wait to go! Oh, and I will use the potty before we leave.

Unknown said...

What a nice free zoo!!!

Powered By Blogger

Background