Exciting News!

Monday, January 30, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »

Liam has some very exciting news! He got a spot in the 4 year old spanish immersion preschool class! He will start in the fall and go two days a week for half a day. The class is entirely in Spanish, but don't worry , it isn't sink or swim. They use lots of visual cues, etc. to help them out, and if they really just do not understand something they will tell them in English. I am just so excited for him! This wasn't something he had to interview for or anything, but kids already enrolled for a previous year were given priority and I just knew the Spanish classes would fill up since pretty much every single child we know is in preschool already. I mean, such an amazing opportunity, who wouldn't want it? I do not expect him to come out of there fluent and if he needs to be moved over to the regular class I will do it in a heartbeat, but I know that he will learn alot. We try to use Spanish at least a little bit everyday (just ask Ginny for a "beso"), but I just do not know much beyond vocabulary words and basic sentence structure. I was so excited to see that they were offering a two day program this year because we just couldn't afford the 5, 4, or even 3 day. I didn't really want him going more than 2 or 3 days at most either because we still like to have our fun at home. I can't believe I'm talking about Liam and school in the same sentence. The years just fly by.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background