Going up to Duluth!
Monday, September 12, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »We were so excited to get up to Duluth, MN which is where Lake Superior comes to a point. It is at the bottom of the "arrowhead" of Minnesota. Look at a map, you'll see what I mean. I really had no idea what to expect from Duluth, but I had still always wanted to go. I knew the lake would be big and would look like an ocean as far as my eyes could tell. I also assumed there would be alot of people fishing. Why? Well, it's Minnesota and people like to fish here and I remember that movie Gone Fishing and one of them has a shirt or a bumper sticker or something that says, "I'd rather be in Duluth." It turned out to be a gorgeous little city that was full of surpises. At only 2 1/2 hours drive from our apartment in the SW suburbs we already consider it the perfect getaway and are so hoping we get to go back soon. We'd like to go at least once each season.

Getting some serious Aquadoodle work done.
Getting some serious Aquadoodle work done.
Liam and Nana Becca having fun. You will not see Ginny in any of these car pictures as we were trying to let her get some good rest. She had been fussy and not sleeping so well. As it turns out, we were in the ER with her for that dang infection one week later. We felt bad about dragging her across the state after we found out :(
I have to say, the drive up isn't too exciting. These old looking farm houses with cool grain silos are everywhere and start to become old hat after about 30 minutes. There are lots of birch trees up that way and it is quite flat.
But then you come down this hill that you kind didn't even realize you were on and there is the beautiful harbor! It was very cloudy on the morning we drove up, but we are told that that first view is even more stunning on a clear day. I know you can't see it well, but we were already surprised by one thing: Duluth is hilly!


0 comments:
Post a Comment