Too Hot For A Hike
Thursday, September 22, 2011 Edit This 1 Comment »These pictures are old and you've seen this hiking spot before, but I still wanted to share them. We wanted to take Greg's mom up to one of our favorite spots so we decided to go and have a picnic. Well, it was HOT. 90 and humid is HOT. It was pretty, but we were all pretty glad when it was over, haha.
That's the Minnesota River. All of the colors are starting to change now, I'll have to post Autumn pictures.
This was just 2 days before we found out Ginny had her her first uti. Poor baby was so hot. That night she ran a fever of 103.5, I think, and we called our insurances' nurse hotline and asked if maybe we had gotten her too hot on our hike. Little did we know...
Poor little sick girl :( So many things I look back and say, if I had known I never would've put her through that!!!
Deliciously cool Riley Creek was just too tempting for these too. They had so much fun! The creek is very rocky and fast before this, but slows way down at this little bend. Has anyone read On the Banks of Plum Creek from the Little House series? I was thinking about what Laura did to Nelly in Plum Creek the whole time these two were in it...but I didn't say anything. In case you aren't familiar, she leads her into a part of the creek that is very slow and is filled with...LEECHES! Plum Creek is about 3 hours from Eden Prairie, lol.
Liam on a log!


1 comments:
LEECHES! I REMEMBER THAT PART!!!!
Post a Comment