Liam's Gymnastics Skills 1

Thursday, September 15, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »


Here are some of the things Liam learned in his first week of gymnastics class! He had so much fun. His class is him and 3 little girls. It meets every Monday morning at 9:15 at our local Rec Center. I signed him up for a 7 week session and we'll see how we feel after that. The center also offers a martial arts class and there is a dance studio here that offers a boys only dance class for 3-5 year olds. Oh and there are ice skating lessons! I will let him decide in a few weeks.

Now pretty much every day of our life, the kids and I have nowhere that we have to be at a certain time. I thought it would be good for all of us to have this reason to get up and get going every Monday! So last Sunday night I set my alarm for 7:30am knowing that would give us plenty of time to get up and get ready and drive the 10 or so minutes to the Rec. Well, Ms. Ginny has been waking up 4 and 5 times a night again so the constant up and down has been a bit exhausting. She had a bad night that night and woke up for the whatever-eth time at 6:39am. Well, I have a rule.... after one middle of the night feeding the milk store is CLOSED until 7am. So sorry little girl (and little boy when it was Liam) but you will have to come back in 21 minutes. When I went in there and patted her back down I could tell she was going to go back to sleep. Excited, I crept out the door but some movement caught my eye first. I feel bad when Liam has to endure her crying episodes so in case she didn't go back down and got upset I brought him in bed with me. I thought he would snuggle in and we would get some extra zzzz's until the alarm went off at 7:30. Wrong. He was up and flopping around in the bed. At 7:10, after fussing at him and threatening to put him back in his own bed, I sleepily and grumpily handed him my phone so he could play on it and I could get my 20 minutes I had left to get! The next thing I know, I wake up with a start, look at the clock, and it is 8:45!!! I snatched the phone from him, practically football carried him onto the potty and ran back in the room to get myself dressed! I just kept yelling "we gotta go go go!" and he found it quite amusing. After changing Ginny's poopy diaper and throwing her into the first onesie I could grab I slapped shoes on his feet and we left. The whole time I was running I was thinking okay what to give the child for breakfast? I decided a banana would require bringing another shirt so I would just give him a granola bar and deal with the infinite amount of crumbs later. And then the heavens opened as I was reaching for the granola and I saw the Bunny Grahams! I hastily grabbed them and poured him some water and we ran (literally) out the door. It was 8:55. In the car I handed Liam the box and said "I'm sorry buddy, this is breakfast." He literally gasped and said something like, "I GET TO HAVE BUNNIES FOR BREAKFAST?!" He was a happy camper. So, without speeding...no really, we made it there with 5 minutes to spare! Thankfully Ginny was happy to wait for her breakfast until class started. So, yeah, he had a great gymnastics class, but also played on my phone (turning off the alarm and ignoring two texts and one phone call from Greg) for an hour and a half while I snored and ate half a box of bunny grahams (at least they are organic....right?) for breakfast. Oh, and I accidentally dyed his fingers blue later that day. Some days I really think Greg considers getting a nanny!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Background